Comfortable Step Through E-Bike
Another extremely popular model from EZEGO. The Step NX has the same easy mounting as previous models but now comfier. They have taken the feedback from their customers and made a few tweaks to improve this already fantastic e-bike.
The main improvements are the wider tyres for a more stable and comfortable ride, and the addition of a 26" wheel version built around the 16" frame, something for an even wider audience to enjoy.
This e-bike is perfect for cyclists with reduced levels of mobility, allowing riders to gain the benefits of both accessibility and motor assistance, coupled with a larger wheel, in one all-encompassing bike.
A Velo Plush saddle and double density grips will keep you very comfortable, and the geometry also encourage a more upright position to reduce stress on the joints, whilst bumps are softened by the electric bike specific Suntour NEX suspension fork, which also features a hydraulic lockout.
Rear Shimano Nexus 7 speed internal hub gears are fully sealed for low maintenance, and you can even change gear whilst at a standstill, should you find yourself at a set of traffic lights or at the bottom of a hill in the wrong gear.
This super-light 6061 alloy electric bike has been designed to keep effort and maintenance to a minimum, without compromising performance. The motor assistance comes from a front hub 36v 250w motor, and the 400Wh battery is kept neatly out of the way in the lightweight alloy pannier-ready rear carrier. This battery will keep you assisted for around 60km, although this will depend on terrain and luggage weight.
- Motor: EZEGO 250W 36V front hub brushless gear drive, 42Nm with speed sensor.
- Battery: 36v 400Wh Samsung cells, sleep mode function, smart BMS, lockable, and 2Ah charger, 4h charging time, with 75% capacity after 500 cycles and 70% after 1000 cycles.
- Display: EZEGO 5 mode LED with quick connect cables
- Walk Assist: 6km/h
- Range: 60km based on 100kg Rider/Flat Terrain Conditions
- Frame: 6061 lightweight alloy with internal cables
Forks: SR Suntour NEX suspension with lock-out
- Shifters: Shimano Nexus 7 speed Rapid Fire
- Rear Mech: Shimano Nexus 7 speed internal hub gears
- Chainset: Prowheel Solid 44T with alloy cranks
- BB: Neco sealed cartridge
- Freewheel: Shimano 18T sprocket
- Chain: KMC Z51 Rust Buster
- Rims: Alloy double wall 36H
- Hubs: Front EZEGO motor, and rear Nexus 7 speed Centrelock
- Spokes: Stainless with brass nipples (13G Front / 14G Rear)
- Tyres: E-bike specific 60TPI Kenda Kwik Journey 700 x 45c / 26” x 1.75”, with reflective line and high pressure Presta valve tubes
- Seat Post: Alloy dual adjust
- Saddle: Velo Push
- Hadlebar: 600mm alloy classic with 45° backsweep
- Grips: Velo locking palmwing double density
- Stem: Alloy 100mm quick-adjustable, 90-160 angle
- Headset: Neco semi integrated
- Brakeset: Mechanical disc brakes with 160mm rotors and safety power cut-off switch.
- Mudguards: Alloy
- Kickstand: Alloy center mount
- Rear Carrier: Alloy pannier ready with bungee straps included
Delivery & Returns
1-3 Working Days
- This bike will be SUPPLIED ASSEMBLED complete with charger.
- Upon arrival, simple attachment of the pedals and the straightening of the handlebar will be required.
Cancelling your order
If you would like to cancel your order, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0333 050 3189. Please include your order number when contacting us.
If your order has not yet left the manufacturer's warehouse, we should be able to stop it shipping, and issue you a refund immediately.
Please note – when returning a product, it must be returned in ‘as new’ condition, with all components included, in their original packaging. There will be a charge for the return.
Returns - Changed your mind
If you change your mind after buying from us and want a refund, you have up to 30 days to let us know and have the goods returned to us. You will need to return the product to us before we can provide a refund. Eco Bike Co. can help arrange the return for a charge of £50 - a courier will be sent to pick it up from you & return it to the manufacturer.
Please note – the 30 days return period is to allow you to examine the goods as you would in a shop. To obtain a full refund, the goods must be returned in an “as new” condition with all components included in their original packaging. “As new” condition is defined as unridden.
Returns - Damages & Faulty
We ask that you thoroughly inspect all items at the point of delivery. We advise you not to accept delivery of any damaged items. If you discover that an item has been damaged, please send clear photos of the damaged items to email@example.com so that we can open an insurance claim on your behalf.
If your bike develops a fault through normal use (as outlined in the manufacturer's manual) you could be entitled to a repair or replacement as covered with the warranty. Please send through details of the fault to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange the repair or replacement with the manufacturer.
Please note – any fault caused due to misuse of the bike including water or external damage is not covered by this policy. Please ensure you read the manufacturer's manual in detail before using your electric scooter to avoid voiding your warranty.
Shimano Nexus 7 Speed Gears
Battery and Range
Tyres and Tubes
Rims and Spokes
Max Rider Weight
Whilst other bike shops were shut Eco Bike Co were open online and provided a very useful chat service. Bikes were selling out left right and centre and I was provided options for available bikes (for people under 5'3''). I'd recommend Eco Bike Co to anyone buying an electric bike. I wasn't local so don't let that put you off.
Eco Bike Co are very customer friendly organisation. The cycle was packaged robustly, and once the battery was fully charged it was ready for use. I would not hesitate to recommend this company, many thanks to Jarrard and his team for their first class service.
I've ridden the step on parts of the pennine cycle trail and was impressed by how comfortable the bike is. This feels like a much more expensive bike than it's advertised at!
My new low stepping electric bike helps get me out of the house as i am no longer so mobile. It has a very low frame so i dont have to get my leg too high to get onto the bicycle. Once I start pedalling the motor starts moving and takes me where I want to go. Delivery was very quick and everything was perfect. I will recommend you to my friends.