You probably won’t need to claim under your warranty but it’s nice to know we will support you if anything were to go wrong with your bike. All our e-bikes have a full warranty on them, the length of the warranty is different for each brand so be sure to check the manufacturer's website for the full details of the warranty on your bike.
On delivery of the bike there will be instructions in the user manual of how to register for the warranty, which will be required for most brands - please be sure to register the bike within the first 4 weeks of receiving your bike to avoid negating your warranty.
Main parts that are covered by the manufacturer's warranty are mechanical and electrical parts: including frame, forks, seat, motor, controller, battery and charger.
The warranty is subject to proper care for and reasonable use of the e-bike.
Exceptions to the Warranty
- Items such as tyres, inner tubes, chains, chain wheels, sprockets, brake pads, bearings, spokes handlebar grips or cables are regarded as consumables. When replacements are required these can be purchased from us - please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Corrosion, rust, hairline cracks in paint, chips in the paint, water damage, the results of fatigue and any damage, failure or loss caused by accident, misuse, abuse or theft.
- Failure or damage due to poor care and maintenance, overloading with excessive weight (be sure to check product specification for max. load weight), not observing torque restrictions and limit mark on seat post, towing, incorrect assembly and modifications to the bike, mounting and remounting of accessories.
- Damage resulting from use in competitions, jumping or other types of extreme use.
- Your battery Warranty will be void if any attempt is made to open the battery case
- All warranty work must be carried out by an approved mechanic by our team
- Warranty includes the replacement of parts and the cost of shipping.
- In the case of a claim for a damaged frame, the frame or complete bike (cleaned) must be sent to Eco Bike Co. for examination. We reserve the right to charge for any labour, and/or delivery and collection. Height limit marks on the seat post must be strictly adhered to, if there is no mark on the seat post contact Eco Bike Co. on email@example.com for advice.
- Your warranty will be void if. you elect to repair a defective product yourself or if you use a replacement part that is not supplied by Eco Bike Co. or the manufacturer directly.
- Eco Bike Co. will not be liable for any damage, failure, or loss caused by the use of unauthorised components.
- Disassembling any part or component beyond that which is shown in the User Manual will void the warranty on that item and any other components that we determine are effected by such disassembly.
- Bypassing or attempting to bypass the speed limiter set to 25km/h (15.5mph) will void the warranty.
All bicycles need regular servicing, and we always recommend a service in the first 6 weeks of use, especially when purchasing online whereby the customer is having to have some form of assembly. After this, if you are using your bicycle on a daily basis, for your safety and the for the correct level of maintenance, we recommend a service every 6 months. We'd strongly recommend having the bike serviced, ideally by an electric bike specialist at least once a year after the first service.
Please do get in touch if you are unsure as to where to get your bike serviced.
It is also important to keep your bike clean and well lubricated. The e-bikes that aren't in our Mountain Bike range are designed predominantly for on-road use, if you do use it off-road it is important that all mud and sand is cleaned from all moving parts and the parts are lightly lubricated before storage or further use. Make sure no lubricant is applied to braking surfaces! A build up of mud and/or sand on moving parts may damage your bike and in extreme cases could negate your warranty.
Nothing in the above affects your statutory rights.