High Spec, Folding Commuter Bike
MATE City is the ultimate in cycling versatility that is sure to add excitement to your daily life - all without breaking a sweat, if you choose.
Easy foldable, lightweight and jam-packed with smart features like full suspension, disc brakes, powerful motor, long-lasting battery and all-terrain tyres.
MATE City 250W is legal worldwide and road legal in EU according to EN15194 certification without any license.
Adjustable & Portable
Easily adjustable saddle & handlebar height which fits riders from 4'11" / 150cm to 7'0" / 215cm. It's easily foldable in 3 steps so you're able to transport it anywhere, take it on the train or tube, keep it under your desk at work, or put it in the boot of your car!
Nicely packed in a fun, utilitarian design. Hip & cool enough for everyone to ride, it inspires you to head outdoors and take it for a spin.
The MATE City is a perfect commuter e-bike!
- Danish design
- 6 speed computer
- 7 speed gears
- Front & Rear suspension
- Foldable stem, frame & pedals
- Tektro Disc brakes
- Comfortable saddle
- Easily adjustable saddle/handlebar height
When it comes to receiving your Mate City - you can either opt for self-assembly or paid £100 for it to be delivered assembled. Self-assembly is straight forward, you can follow the steps provided by scanning the QR code when the bike is delivered. It usually will take customers an hour to assemble the bike, you will need to install the wheels, handlebars, quick releases and gears.
We do recommend pre-assembly when purchasing as they are built buy a trained mechanic who conduct a 20 point quality check and test ride the bike to ensure customer satisfaction and safety.
Colour Display: Intelligent LCD backlit computer display; shows battery life, time and distance of travel. Water & dust-proof display comes with built-in USB charger for charging your smartphone on the go.
Powerful Motor/Battery Combo: Strong 250W motor with reliable 36V battery with 13Ah capacity. 5 levels of pedal assist with cadence sensor. Snappy acceleration and torque created with this motor/battery combo which prepares you for tackling all your adventures, no matter the terrain or weather conditions.
Folding Pedals: Durable pedals easily fold in and out with a simple click. High rigidity for maximum power transfer.
Shimano Shifting System: Shimano 7-speed shifter and rear derailleur for smooth, crisp shifting between gears.
Durable All-Terrain Tyres and Powerful Disc Brakes: 20" tyres with puncture-resistant tubes and designed for year-round use. Tektro mechanical disc brakes and levers for strong, efficient braking power with expert modulation.
- Performance & Comfort: Front & back suspension smooths out all the bumps so you'll never have to avoid cobbles or rocky trails again. Go ahead and play hard, knowing your bike will back you up!
- BATTERY: Samsung/LG/Panasonic 36V, 13 Ah (468 Wh) 250W. Up to 80 km (55 mi) range.
- PEDAL ASSIST: 5 level power assist with inegrated cadence sensor, supports to 25 km/h (15 mph). Walk assist 6 km/h (3.7 mph)
- CHARGER: 36V 3A, with 3-pin safety connection plug, operates on both 110V and 230V AC power outlets
- CONTROLLER: 250W, 36V, 15A
- MOTOR: 250W, 36V brushless rear hub motor w/ freewheel
- DISPLAY W/ USB PORT: Smart LCD color display that shows all data needed, including battery and pedal assist level. Integrated 5V charging port.
- BRAKE LEVERS: Powerful mechanical disc levers, ergonomic grip, with motor cutoff switch
- BRAKE CALIPERS: Powerful mechanical, strong braking power with expert modulation
- ROTORS: 160 mm aluminium front and rear, reliable braking surface
- FREEWHEEL: 7 Speed, 14-28T
- CHAIN: KMC, 118 link, rust-resistant
- CRANKSET: 170mm alloy, 52-tooth, 5-bolt chainring
- FRAME: 6061 Aluminium alloy with folding lever, 2.3 kg (5 lbs)
- FRONT SUSPENSION: 20″ Lightweight spring suspension fork, aluminium alloy, with lockout 30mm travel, 1.5 kg
- REAR SUSPENSION: Pre-adjusted suspension 125L x 750LBS 24 +/- 2 mm travel
- FRONT HUB: Aluminium alloy, M9 x 13G x 100 x 32 hole
- TYRES/TUBES: Kenda All-Terrain, 20 x 1.95″, with Kenda shrader valve 1.75-2.125″ tubes
- RIMS: 20″ 32 hole F, 36 hole R, aluminium
- SPOKES: Front: 13G x 173 mm Rear: 12G x 132/134 mm
- HANDLEBAR: Straight, 560 mm wide, 25.4 mm clamping area
- SEATPOST: Aluminium 33.9 x 530 mm w/ protector and quick-release clamp
- BOTTOM BRACKET: BB988 – 68 x 118 mm, square taper
- GRIPS: Anti-slip ergonomic grips
- HANDLEBAR STEM: Foldable two-section telescopic stem, adjustable with self-lock, 28.6 mm clamp
- PEDALS: 1-click foldable, aluminium, standard 9/16″
- KICKSTAND: Aluminium with durable grippy rubber base, 20″ wheel size
- SHIFTER: 7-Speed Revohift twist shifter for smooth, crisp shifting between gears
- RIDER MAX WEIGHT: 125 kg (275 lb)
- FOLDED: 68 cm high, 90 cm long, 40 cm wide
- UNFOLDED: 108 cm high, 160 cm long, 57 cm wide
- SADDLE HEIGHT: From floor: 75cm / 29.5″ to 106cm / 41.7″
- HANDLEBAR HEIGHT: From floor: 109cm / 42.9″ to 118cm / 46.5″
- RIDER SIZE RANGE: Easily adjustable saddle/handlebar height. Fits riders from 150 cm /4’9” to 200 cm / 6’7”.
- SADDLE: Chaunts MTB saddle
22.5 kg 49.6 lbs
Spread the cost of your payment by making use of PayPal's Credit 0% finance offer. PayPal Credit is the perfect way to spread the cost of larger purchases, buy now & pay later with 0% interest for 4 months.
Select PayPal as the payment option at checkout - once redirected through to PayPal choose the PayPal Credit option.
FREE 4-5 WORKING DAY DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS
Once your payment is received your Mate bike will be despatched on a 48 hour shipping service (fully insured) by either Parcel Force or Hermes after it has been assembled.
Cancelling your order
If you would like to cancel your order, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0333 050 3189. Please include your order number when contacting us.
If your order has not yet left the manufacturer's warehouse, we should be able to stop it shipping, and issue you a refund immediately.
Please note – when returning a product, it must be returned in ‘as new’ condition, with all components included, in their original packaging. There will be a charge for the return.
Returns - Changed your mind
If you change your mind after buying from us and want a refund, you have up to 14 days to let us know and have the goods returned to us. You will need to return the product to us before we can provide a refund. Eco Bike Co. can help arrange the return for a charge of £50 - a courier will be sent to pick it up from you & return it to the manufacturer.
Please note – the 14 days return period is to allow you to examine the goods as you would in a shop. To obtain a full refund, the goods must be returned in an “as new” condition with all components included in their original packaging. “As new” condition is defined as unridden.
Returns - Damages & Faulty
We ask that you thoroughly inspect all items at the point of delivery. We advise you not to accept delivery of any damaged items. If you discover that an item has been damaged, please send clear photos of the damaged items to email@example.com so that we can open an insurance claim on your behalf.
If your bike develops a fault through normal use (as outlined in the manufacturer's manual) you could be entitled to a repair or replacement as covered with the warranty. Please send through details of the fault to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange the repair or replacement with the manufacturer.
Please note – any fault caused due to misuse of the bike including water or external damage is not covered by this policy. Please ensure you read the manufacturer's manual in detail before using your electric scooter to avoid voiding your warranty.